Sunday, February 24, 2013

Snow and Migraines, Again

I couldn't help but notice that my post from one-year ago on sun, snow and migraine headaches has jumped into my top ten reads.  It was written on February 12, 2012 and on Friday, February 22, 2013 I was dealing with the same issue.  Again.

I went out early to get the newspaper from the box at the street.  It was snowing pretty hard at the time.  Within about 20 minutes of coming inside, I had a splitting headache.  I had to cancel my yoga class and then I sat here in the dark for the day.  Even the light from the computer screen hurt my head.

It kept snowing outside and I kept the blinds closed.  I heard the mailman go down the street in the afternoon, but decided I would wait until dark to get my mail.

Imagine my surprise when I did venture out to find that my driveway had been cleaned of snow.  And no, I did not hear the snow blower.  Good insulation, I guess.

I called the most likely suspect, my next door neighbor Ahmad, and asked if he was the kind person.  He said he thought I must be out of town because my house was all closed up.  I explained about the migraine and he said he had a sinus headache.  Good old Michigan weather.

For the first time in a long time I have the urge to just jump on a plane and go someplace else.  But Spring break is coming and I don't want to have to deal with college students or families with young children.  Worst vacation ever:  the Bahamas between Christmas and New Years.  Never again. 

And I can never forget returning to Detroit from Arizona once and finding my car absolutely buried in snow in the parking lot at the airport.  And the battery was dead.  Puts a real damper on a post-trip high.

Even though it is cloudy today, it is still pretty bright outside.  Luckily, I have no place I need to be.  I can just curl up with a book or my Sunday NYT crossword.  And if I keep the bright light out, I do not have to worry about another headache. 

Now, where are my sunglasses?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.