Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Where am I????

A few weeks back I opened the weather app on my Kindle to see the weather pop up for Atlanta, Georgia.  Huh?  For those of you who don't know, I live outside of Detroit, Michigan.  I told the app to locate me by GPS, and I was still in Georgia.

So, I checked to see the Kindle setting and it was set to locate by GPS.  Then I put in the address where I was born in Detroit and asked for directions in Google maps.  607 miles from Atlanta.

I turned off the GPS and inputted the zip code.  Problem solved.  And then today....

I have three atomic clocks in my home.  One is next to the bed and I can touch the button on the top and it shows the time on the ceiling.

It was 1:30 before I finally fell asleep last night.  When I awoke in the morning and checked the clock, it showed a time of 9:23 am.  If it wasn't so dark in the room, I might have believed it.  But then I checked my phone and it said 5:23 am.

I turned the light on and looked at the face of the clock.  OMG.  It said it was Tuesday, Jan 23.  I thought I was truly losing my mind.  Time and date completely wrong?

I got up and checked the other two clocks.  They were fine.  I took the batteries out of the bedside clock, replaced them, and in a short time it had received the signal and reset itself.

I never wear a watch.  I've had watches but they always stopped running.  I would tell people it was just my magnetic personality interfering.

The house where I grew up was hit by lightning while I was on the front porch.  The storm door window shattered.  The home I currently live in has had three lightning strikes.  Knocked out the television, garage door and my AC unit (just fried it). The first computer I bought had a faulty motherboard, as did my first PC at the township where I worked.

So, if we are ever together and you feel sparks flying, well...be careful.  Be very careful.  I am thinking there must be some strange electrical force within me.

9 comments:

  1. Holy smokes! You might have the right electrical charge to lightening to strike...remind me not to stand next to you when there's a storm out:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Well I am not crazy. Thank goodness. Just wired.

      Delete
  3. That's a lot of strange incidents. And the lightning strikes! What are the odds?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Electricity certainly doesn't seem to like you. If you've considered driving an EV, may not be a good idea. P.S. I had problems commenting on your post, but here I am. I tried three browsers and finally Chrome worked. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I'll stay away from EVs. I had trouble in the past when I was using a different browser and had to switch to Chrome. I think they mess us up on purpose.

      Delete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.