Monday, January 1, 2024

A Happy New Year

 Yesterday, the city paper had a long list of famous folk who passed away in 2023.   I did see a few names of folks who passed that I was not aware of.  Not sure how I missed the news.  But there was one name missing.  

Yesterday, before a friend arrived for long discussion and a bit of champagne, I listened to several old CDs.  The artist was Bobby Caldwell.  I have long been a fan and was sorry to read of his death earlier last year.  And also regret that I did not drive north several years ago to see him perform live.

And so I decided to wish each of you a Happy New Year and include what is probably his signature song.  I hope you enjoy.



9 comments:

  1. Oh I love that song. I hadn’t heard of his passing either. It always bothers me when some of the favorites of my youth, pass. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading. He was an amazing talent.

      Delete
  2. Gosh, this doesn't sound familiar at all! We lost so many good musical talents in 2023, though. I hope 2024 is a better year for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He had a beautiful voice. So glad I discovered his talent years ago.

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year, Denise! It's always sad to learn a favourite artist has died. I wasn't familiar with Bobby Caldwell, so thanks for sharing his music. He had a great voice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is definitely worth listening to if you like blues and jazz.

      Delete
  4. I'd not heard of Bobby Caldwell, but having listened to this, I wish I'd known of him while he was still with us - my kinda music!

    Happy New Year, Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you watch the video, you will see Dionne Warwick in the audience. She just performed in England and is performing there again in May.

      Delete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.