Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Speaking of Cars

Well no, we were not speaking of cars.  But I have been cleaning out old files and looking at old pictures.  Every time I set out to find something, I end up coming across something I am not looking for.  Today was a good example.

I was looking for an old photo.  In the process I came across a lot of photos I had forgotten about.  And some of them made me ask how they were taken.

In Dec, 1996 I was on the advisory board of a large investment company.  Our annual meeting was being held in Phoenix.  As was my custom, I always added on a few days to a trip to see the sights.  On this trip I rented a car and visited Scottsdale and Taliesin West.  I also visited Sedona.  What is strange is this photo:

I am outside the car on the side of the road.  Someone took the picture.  I have no idea who.  Did I invite another board member along?  Is this what old age is like when you just can't remember? 

A couple of weeks ago I came across a thank you letter from a well-known politician, thanking me for meeting him and talking.  2006.  Remember a dinner with him and his wife in 1996, but 2006?, uh, no.

But since this is about cars, here is one of the worst, if not the worst, mistakes I ever made.
My 1994 Jag.  It was actually British racing green but old photos fade and lose color.  Two years of absolute he--.

My current ride was purchased in June, 2008.  I only have 52,000 miles  on it, so I will keep it running as long as I can.  My red Buick Lucerne.

Now, I was looking for a picture of the cabin cruiser we had.  Custody went to my ex, but the name on it was Treasurer's Island.  I know it is around here somewhere.  And I always thought I was organized.  Hah!

Can you find something when you want it?  I sure can't.

9 comments:

  1. Jan I always clean up computer files and photos so in doing that I find photos I want to share. Then I go back and can’t find them. I don’t know what the heck happened to them. It makes me wonder, did I have a senior moment and delete them???
    Pretty photo of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not alone. Trust me, you are not alone. Just say to yourself "I've lived so much life that my hard drive is full, and maybe some mind files just got purged." Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries, that happens to all of us. Some of us, more frequently. ☺ I LOVE your outfit in the first photo! As for the Jag, my old boss had a similar lemon. You'd think such an expensive car would be well made! Your Buick looks great for an old car. I have a 2005 Ford Focus Wagon that's also hanging in there. Hope you find your photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My attorney had a Jag and told me not to get one. Unfortunately, I didn't listen.

      Delete
  4. Why do things disappear when you want them and reappear when you don't? I've just looked for a picture of my Jag, an incredible red E-type. Can't find it!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.