Friday, December 22, 2023

From my House to Yours...

I am ready for Christmas day....or close enough.  I have my shopping done and decorations got put up right after Thanksgiving.  See..




I have a menu:  crab cakes and remoulade, goat cheese with pistachios, honey and fig jam on crackers; roasted Iberico pork loin; potato fennel gratin, roasted asparagus, broccoli, and beet salad.  For dessert I made assorted cookies and an Italian Christmas pudding cake made with panettone.  I really want to make popovers, but that is a scheduling issue with two ovens in use.  I wonder how I handled that in the past?

The table is set:
I honestly do not know why I bother with the setting as no one seems to notice, lol.

The snow on the ground is gone and there is none in the immediate future, which is a good thing for travellers.  I have three books from the local library to relax with when the hubbub is over.  

However you celebrate the holidays in December, I hope you get to enjoy them with family and friends.  From my house to yours and all the villages in between.


Happy Holidays.



5 comments:

  1. Your home looks lovely, and the food sounds delicious! Wishing you a happy holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house is beautifully decorated and your menu will be appreciated, even if your place settings don't get as much attention. Wishing you a wonderful time with those who will spend the holiday with. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you had a wonderful time, your home is filled with festive joy! Time to put up your feet and enjoy a good book, Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.