Tuesday, November 14, 2023

A Menu for Thanksgiving

 I have lots to be thankful for this year.  I am still here after 77 years.  And despite a year in which I lost a very old and very good friend, two large mugo pines, a birch tree and a sweet gum tree, along with having to replace a refrigerator, a dishwasher and a ceiling fan at the same time the cords on two window blinds suddenly broke.... Well, all is good. 

I am also thankful that when I sit down to dinner next week I will not have to endure any common sense deprived idiots in my company.  I really feel sorry for my friends and relatives who do.  

And, at long last I have a menu.  It has been changed several times, but now I am sticking with it.  Last Sunday we were going to celebrate my birthday with lobster macaroni and cheese.  As I was shredding the cheese I received a text that Charlie was sick.  That meant it would be me and one son.  So we skipped the entree and had pizza instead.  Since we also had to nix things last year because someone was sick, I think maybe I should celebrate my birthday in June, lol.

Here is the menu:

Spanikopita triangles, cheese cubes, crackers

Roast turkey 

Sausage and apple stuffing

Lobster mac and cheese

Sweet potato casserole

Corn casserole

Cranberry chutney

Rolls with Orange butter

Pumpkin pie, Apple pie and Ice cream, Orange cranberry bundt cake 

I hope each and everyone of you have a lovely holiday.

4 comments:

  1. You always go all out for Thanksgiving (at least by my standards). Happy Thanksgiving to you. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a delectable menu! Orange cranberry bundt cake would go so well with coffee. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy to all you create in the kitchen. Sorry to hear about your 1 son and I hope he feels better soon. I think of you being my age, in your 50s because you seem so young to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a mouthwatering menu! Between you and me, we are exactly the same age!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.