Tuesday, June 26, 2018

June 26, 1968 Ionian sea

I am seasick.  But so are a lot of people.  It is so bad in the morning that they give us an orange and tell us to stay in our room.  When you look out of the porthole, you see the sky and then the water, and then the sky and then....  Ugh!  More fruit for lunch as the crew is not feeling too well either.

Later that day, we finally are able to go to dinner.  There are two men at our table from Cyprus.  George, who is Greek, and Joseph, who is Turkish.  Neither of them knew each other before boarding the ship.  After dinner we all went to the bar for coffee.  I got seasick again.  I do not do well on boats on rolling seas.

I went back to the room, but eventually Shar came to get me to go to the Masquerade Ball.  I remember little of it.

We have tonight on the boat before disembarking tomorrow for our next stop.

No expenses today.

4 comments:

  1. That would not be fun to get seasick when one is on vacation. Seems like very rough waters if the crew was even having trouble with it.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a fun time if you are not seasick

    ReplyDelete
  3. How horrid, I have been seasick many times (living on a boat) so I can sympathise. I am surprised the crew were ill though, most unusual. You have to remember, too, that the Mediterranean has named winds for every point of the compass. It is a very rough area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, this was not a huge ship, so rough water is much worse. I was on a Caribbean cruise during a hurricane and fortunately I had my wrist bands and it was not so bad.

      Delete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.