Saturday, July 15, 2017

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day July 2017 Edition

Welcome to Garden Bloggers Bloom Day hosted by Carol at May Dreams Gardens.  I have so much blooming right now I do not know where to start.  But I do know that I am not going to sit here and label every photo.  I will be happy to identify them in comments if anyone so desires.  Trying to take and edit pictures was daunting enough.  Especially since with the wild grasses blooming I am paranoid about another episode of hives.  Ick.  So, here we go starting with various daylilies:
Arriba
Oriental Ruby
Chicago Rosy  
Sing Holly
Chicago Regal
Jolyene Nichole
Frosted Vintage Ruffles
Red Cherry and Royal Flair
 Siloam Amazing Grace
Creepy Crawler

Green Flutter
Mary Todd
Sunset Sonata
Then we have some hostas:
 Christmas Tree
On Stage
Ventricosa
Blue Umbrellas

Dream Queen



















Various ground covers.  My goal is to one day not have to buy anymore mulch with ground cover filling in.
 


Northern Sea Oats which is coming up all over.  This year I will have to cut all these seed heads.
Ripening berries on viburnums.  The birds are already attacking them.

Lots of daisies blooming that haven't yet been eaten by rabbits, but these Broadway Lights in the late afternoon sun are making my day even when it rains.
Astilbe 'Visions' below
Hydrangea - a plant that has been moved around and finally started blooming last year
Quickfire hydrangea:
A garden visitor on the Quickfire:

A border of yarrow.  Another plant that loves to take over.
A quiet place with ferns:
My peaceful paradise (when no one is shooting off fireworks):

Thanks for joining me.  If you want to see what other have blooming in their gardens, head on over to May Dreams Gardens.  And thanks to Carol for hosting.

22 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful garden. Such rich colors. I'm afraid that unless the heat and humidity drop here my garden will remain full of weeds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who says I don't have weeds? Yesterday I was trying to pull out the dreaded thistle. Maybe I should do a post about them.

      Delete
  2. All lovely. Nice to see another day lily fan! A request - what is the plant above the sea oats (the one with variegated foliage and small white flowers) - I've seen that plant on my exercise walks through neighborhoods in Binghamton, New York, and have no idea what it is. Have a happy GBBD and no more hive attacks, please! Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's called houttuynia. I bought it because rabbits and deer hate the smell. They just eat everything else. It spreads like crazy and I really need to start pulling it back.

      Delete
  3. Oh, how I love your collection of lilies Denise and all your gardens are looking so full and lush. Happy Bloom Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. All the daylilies that were moved last year to a safe place from deer browsing are really liking their new home.

      Delete
  4. I am so glad the daylilies are doing better in their new home. They are really looking lovely. I could never grow hydrangea although every garden in the neighbourhood grew it in profusion. I would love to visit your garden one day it looks so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm only a four hour drive away, lol. I purchased another hydrangea yesterday to replace the tree peony that had some fungal disease. Glad you enjoyed the flowers.

      Delete
  5. Fab images, love the lilies and I like the hostas? And the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful. Don't you just love this time of year?

    Click to visit Keith's Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love the flowers though I am not fond of 90% humidity days we had recently. Not unless it is raining at the same time.

      Delete
  7. Really beautiful. I had no idea day lilies could be so lovely until you started posting pics of yours. Mine are all the boring orange kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But those boring orange ones are the basis for the hybridizing that gave us these beautiful ones.

      Delete
  8. It is fine with me if you don't label anything. I just enjoy looking at everything. Thanks for sharing.
    Happy Bloom Day!
    Jeannie @ GetMeToTheCountry.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your lilies are gorgeous! I love them, but we choose not to have them because of the cats, so thanks for sharing the pictures of yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a cat that often roams through my garden. Have no idea if it belongs to someone or is a stray. I would like to know where it is getting through the fence. Doesn't seem to have any interest in flowers.

      Delete
  10. Love those red daylilies! Nice catch on the Monarch butterfly. The yellow Yarrow ('Coronation Gold'?) is aggressive, but still a great plant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had that yarrow for so many years I cannot even remember where I got it. I think someone gave it to me. I once had someone helping me weed who thought it was tansy and wanted to pull it all out. NOOOOOOO.

      Delete
  11. Your gardens are beautiful with so many gorgeous flowers. Love the butterfly pictures too. Someday I hope to get to our landscaping but gardening is challenging for me. I've tried a few times with limited results. Eventually I'll try again though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gardening takes a lot of time. Mine did not look like this when I worked full time.

      Delete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.