Friday, December 21, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy

Oh my.  As if I did not have enough to do, now I am engrossed in my recipe collection.

I've been busy making my cookie doughs, wrapping my gifts, planning my menu and then, I somehow think it is a good idea to put the recipes I have collected over the last 40+ years on Pinterest.

Remember the old days when we had little 3x5 cards with our recipes written on them?  Well, I kinda cleaned those out last week.  Then I decided I should go through my files, yes multiple files, of hundreds, if not thousands of recipes.

I started putting them in my Epicurious app, but you cannot organize it except alphabetically.  So, I decided to expand my Pinterest boards. 

Right now I have eight boards relating to food  -  appetizers, mains, sides, desserts, cookies, sandwiches, cake - well, you get the idea.

So, I have started going through each file folder and looking for the recipe online.  If there is a picture, I 'pin it' and throw the paper away. 

Obviously, this will take some time.  And if I am 'pinning', I am not 'blogging'. 

I know it can be done.  When I first retired, I went through all my family photos and made albums for my children.  But, I never did get around to going through my thousands of slides.  I guess I'll have to tackle that when I am done with these recipes. 

Take a look at http://pinterest.com/msdeniseh553/

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.