Thursday, June 14, 2012

Who are you and how did you get in my garden?

Last year's garden project was to get rid of all the wild daylilies.  I am happy to say that the mission was accomplished.  This year I am trying to get rid of all the chives that are growing in the back corner.  I have discovered that this is easier said than done, but I am trying.

In the process of gardening I have been trying to identify all of the hostas.  I've already blogged about some of my finds.  But, having now photographed everything and having tried to guess at what they are, there are still some that I am puzzled about.

One in particular I thought was a transplant of 'Krossa Regal'.  Alas, it is not as tall and is already blooming with a near-white flower instead of the tall, stately lavender of the Regals.


I guess I will have to start again with blue hostas, short, near-white flower, count the vein pairs and go from there.  I have three plants, so I am again wondering if these were another 'Costco' purchase.

I also have a very small variety growing in the front that I am clueless about,


along with two others that are similar, for a total of five plants, which means I could have divided a larger one, but for the life of me can't remember either buying them or dividing them.

And then there is the odd, single one that does not resemble anyone else.


No matter, knowing there names is not so important.  But, I just can't seem to remember how they got here in the first place.  Maybe I can just blame it on old age.  It could very well be true.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.