Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Summer Reading

It's summer and everyone is looking for a good book to read.  Me too.  I recently finished three of James Patterson's new booksGuilty Wives, 11th Hour and Private Games.  Enjoyed every one.  And then I read David Baldacci's The Innocent.  It too was a good read.

Looking for something interesting, I went to my list of 'books to read' that I keep on my computer.  I decided to try a new author who had received some awards.  I picked up two of his novels.  Unfortunately, they will be going back to the library.   When we start out with a major character getting high on heroin in the first ten pages, I decide it is not my style.

So, remembering that I have a Kindle Fire, I shopped for books in their book store and read a Nelson deMille book called 'The Book Case', actually a short story, but I always enjoy his writings.

Fortunately, when I return the books to the library, I will pick up two new books at the same time:  Jeffrey Archer's The Sins of the Father and Julie Otsuka's When the Emperor was Divine are both ready for me. 

I love the fact that I can reserve books and also that our library has a 'Bestsellers List' where you can sign up to get your favorite authors books as they come out.  If you are looking for something good to read this summer, your local library is a good place to start.  And as always, I will not list a book I am reading until I have decided it is worth sharing the title. 

So, grab a book, a drink and a lawn chair and get reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.