Friday, March 1, 2024

The Craziest Weather

 I am not sure where I am.  

Remember me blogging that GPS said I was in Georgia?  Well, the other day it was 70 F here.  Maybe I am there and don't know it?

I have been busy doing yard clean-up.  In February.  In Michigan.  I already have eleven bags stuffed with yard waste.  And the compost pick-up doesn't start until April.

It has been much cooler the last two days, but will warm by Sunday.  Our lakes are not freezing like they used to.  I don't think I even had a foot of snow total this year.

The trees are all budding and if we get a hard frost which can happen until the end of May, lots of blooms will die.  

Yes, over four billion years earth's climate has changed.  But this change is happening at breakneck speed.  I can't help but wonder what summer will be like.

10 comments:

  1. Definitely crazy! I have a feeling summer will be hotter than normal too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet, here is Southern Oregon I woke up to snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally crazy. We've had some early springs the last 12 or 13 years (2012 and 2016 were two of them, I believe) but nothing like this. I appreciate not having snow to shovel but I know it is disrupting nature big time, and we will pay for this, perhaps in summer. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Early spring is one thing. No winter is just crazy.

      Delete
  4. We are having a late spring in Georgia. A native plant called Carolina Jasmine started blooming it's heart out last week. The flycatcher that nests early spring has checked on it's nest this week. The muscadine and pecan have not started budding. Pecan trees are exceptional about keeping a schedule.
    You are right about climate change. I'm a retired science teacher. We have known it has been happening since the 1950s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann. I saw a mosquito yesterday. The forsythia are blooming. Crazy weather.

      Delete
  5. This weather is not good. People love it but it's not good for the plants, crops and the bugs don't die in. Mosquitos. How is it that you live on a state that loves the orange monstrosity? Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't trust polls. Folks who block random calls never get surveyed.

      Delete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.