Monday, September 25, 2023

Welcome Fall

Scones.  Ever since someone (ahem, Keith) talked about scones in a blog post, I have had this craving.  Well, I love scones, so it doesn't take much to make me want one.  It was just a matter of deciding what variety.

I wanted something easy and I didn't want to go to the grocery.  That meant no cream scones.  I was going to make orange scones using sour cream, but then I thought 'it's Fall, pumpkin time'.

So, I found this recipe for pumpkin scones.  It was easy.  I ended up adding currants and white chocolate chips.  I could have been more generous with the cinnamon sugar on top.  Next time.

Some reviewers complained that they were not sweet enough.  Well, scones are not supposed to be super sweet.  I do agree that the pumpkin flavor could be stronger, but I do love pumpkin.

You can save yourself lots of calories by just looking at the photo.  Or, grab a bowl and start baking.



3 comments:

  1. As a lifetime member of Weight Watchers I'll have to opt for looking at the photo. I'll probably gain some weight just doing that. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm delighted to have tickled your tastebuds and so pleased you posted this recipe, it'll be something different to make from the usual soups and pies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to mention that it was our annual pumpkin competition at my local pub last Sunday!

      Delete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.