Monday, December 20, 2021

Winter Solstice

I am still here.  My bloging mojo is not with me though.  I felt bad about it and then I realized that a lot of the bloggers I follow seem to have lost their mojo too.  And it isn't that I don't have lots to say.  I just can't bring myself to put it in writing.

I didn't blog about the neighbor's dead tree falling on my fence back in October  At least it didn't land on the house.

I didn't post my Thanksgiving menu, but we did have a very nice meal with the family.

I had some surgical procedures and tests and everything was AOK.

I turned 75 and heard from an old friend whom I thought might have died.  Really.  

I lost about seven hours of my life watching the latest season of Doctor Who and going 'What??'.

My 12 year-old desktop computer died and I was lucky enough to find someone to move all my files to my laptop.

My house is all decorated for the holidays.  I suggested that the adults skip exchanging gifts this year and it was met with mixed reactions.  I just don't need anymore 'stuff'.  

Dinner Saturday will be cooked by me, again.  I am really looking forward to it.  Here is the menu:

Sparkling fruit punch

Poached shrimp

Baked maple glazed salmon on corn salsa

Lobster macaroni and cheese

Green beans and pearl onions

Broccoli

Corn bread

Italian cream torte

Sticky toffee pudding cake

I have all my shopping done and will not start food prep until Thursday, so I still have some free time to continue reading, working on my family tree, and bingeing Hallmark movies.  I will also enjoy each extra minute of daylight everyday in my future.  I don't care what the clock says, I just want more daylight.

Enjoy the holidays and stay healthy.



10 comments:

  1. I am so glad you wrote here and am glad you are healthy, like me. As you know, I wrote, ad nauseous, about my strife because I blabber on like an idiot. Sorry to hear about the tree but glad it wasn’t your house! Your dinner sounds so yummy, I’m making stroganoff since the place we ordered the turkey from, called and told us their handler let them down which let us down. Oh well, can always get a turkey for another time. Wishing you many blessings for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I blabber sometimes and I have gone back and deleted some of my ranting posts. We are having salmon again because that is something the grandkids will eat. I really wanted beef burgundy, but I'll do it another time just for me, lol. Merry Christmas to you too.

      Delete
  2. It's certainly been a while! I'm the opposite - I have to stop myself otherwise I'd be blogging 24 hours a day! Today's the shortest day of the year so let's make the what ittle daylight it offers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your blogging is so entertaining. I certainly have the time to blog, just not the desire anymore.

      Delete
  3. I know just what you mean about the waning blogging mojo. Mine is too. But have a great rest of the season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got an email for a blog post from someone who hasn't posted since 2017. Now I don't feel so bad. Happy New Year.

      Delete
  4. Nice to see a post from you, Denise! Glad to know you are doing well, despite the tree falling on your fence. Happy Belated Birthday! Your Christmas menu is mouth-watering and I'm sure the family will love it. As for the blogging doldrums, I took a 5-month break last year. It's hard to slog on when the desire isn't there. Back to it now, though I'll probably take a couple more weeks off in January. Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and all the best for 2022. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for replying. I have even gotten lazy about doing that on blogs. I read them and then move on. I need to do better in 2022. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

      Delete
  5. Hi Denise - congratulations on reaching 75 ... I'm not far behind. I plod on blogging - but enjoy it and it stimulates my brain.

    I was thinking of jumping the pond and joining you for Christmas day ... any extra spaces?? the meal sounds delicious - mind you I'll have a happy time at my sister-in-laws with an Aga dinner, family, friends, dogs, cat and horses ... cheers and Happy Christmas- Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could all jump the pond and have dinner together? I still haven't gotten together with my cousin in Windsor. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

      Delete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.