Sunday, May 26, 2019

A Garden Blog Update

Okay.  I have not been blogging.  Lots has been going on, but I just don't write about it.  I would feel bad about that if this was my job.  But it is a hobby, sorta.  And besides, I have realized that many of the bloggers I was following are no longer blogging.  I blame it on the toxic politics in my country.

Anyway, here is a quick update on the garden.  We have had about three nice days so far this spring, not counting yesterday when the temps finally hit 80 F but with unbearable humidity.  So, I stayed indoors.  It has rained buckets and more is expected today.  That means that everything is green.  Very green. 

I have done lots of clean-up...broken branches lying on the ground, leaves left from last fall, removed two yews that were overgrown.  I lost two wild grass plants that were heaved out of the ground over the winter.  And one hosta completely disappeared.  Tag in the ground - no plant. 

Here are a few pics I took over the last few weeks, staring with the sky on May 10 at sunset:
The crabapple on May 18:
This morning out the front door:
And out the back:

I am going to try to catch up on everything this week.  Stay tuned.

9 comments:

  1. Wow! You have such a beautiful garden as long as no deer come round. You can zen out in your garden when life throws lemons. I hope all is ok and if not, it will be. As I say, This too shall pass, sometimes like a kidney stone, but it will pass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG.. Kidney stones are worse than childbirth!!! And one time it shut down my kidney, I had to have surgery, and then the kidney got infected. Right. This too shall pass, lol.

      Yes, the garden is a good place to relax when the work is done. Though in the front the deer have done some damage.

      Delete
  2. So pretty and so green! I liked the sunset picture! I've slowed down with what I blog but am keeping up with reading other blogs. Hard to imagine I've been blogging for 14 years. Where did the time go?

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very patriotic sky. I read blogs, but do not always comment.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad to hear from you. My late best friend was both a cancer survivor and prone to kidney stones and she said the kidney stone pain was worse than childbirth. I'm sorry you have been going through that rough patch. Your pictures are wonderful. We just got finished with another thunderstorm and big downpour. But then I think of the people getting that day after day after day. It does make things green, though, as you say. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It rained earlier and is getting ready to rain again. It is so dark I had to turn the lights on. It's supposed to be mid-afternoon. Parts of my yard are like a swamp.

      Delete
  4. Hi Denise - good to see you ... the weather sounds slightly extreme - the gardens look just so green ... good luck with the tidying up - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Green and lush. I need to get out my Wellies and get into the garden to take pics of the bloomin' flowers.

      Delete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.