Monday, December 24, 2018

Wishing You a Merry Christmas

It wouldn't be a holiday on my blog if I didn't post my menu.  And share a few pictures.  The menu is as follows:


Veggie, grape and cheese Christmas tree
Crab balls with aioli
Crescent cheese tree

Standing rib with horseradish sauce
Pastitsio
Green beans with bacon and onions
Roasted carrots and squash
Popovers

Lemon cake with raspberry sauce
Cookies

One thing I have learned this holiday is that starting decorating early really relieves some of the hustle and bustle stress.  I also purchased frozen crab balls and the lemon cake.  As I get older I have tried to simplify my kitchen chores.  

I took a few pictures; the bookcase corner:

The Santa wreath:
And an early delivery from Santa:

Charlie reminded me that I needed to open the chimney (after he tried to look up it) to make sure that Santa could come down.  

It should be a fun day.  I hope yours is too.  I am just wondering how my grandparents ever managed Christmas with their family of seven adult children, eight grandchildren, plus assorted aunts and uncles.  As a kid I never realized how daunting it had to be to feed and entertain everyone.  There are things I remember including making kielbasa, egg noodles and pierogies at Grandma's house.



Merry Christmas

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! Very pretty decorations and yummy dinner!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful decorations, wishing you ad your family a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! We also had a rib roast and popovers. Merry Christmas and happy new year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.