Saturday, October 13, 2018

Sunday In Salt Lake City - Temple Square

While I am not the least big religious, I do visit a lot of places of worship when I travel and this trip was no different.  In fact I visited three of them.  Here is my visit to Temple Square in Salt Lake City.
 Assembly Hall
 Interior
 I just watched a program on driving the Lincoln Highway from Times Square to San Francisco.  I cannot imagine going across the country pulling a hand cart.
 The Temple

The Mormon Tabernacle Choir rehearsing for their Sunday broadcast

And despite what our young guide told us when asked about the role of women in the Mormon Church, I am pretty sure that Jesus did not establish his own church and describe the roles of women.  I thought that the woman who asked the question was going to slug it out with her.

4 comments:

  1. It is a fact that religious groups build some of the most beautiful churches, temples, etc. Like you I have visited many but not for religious reasons. One I really loved was in Montreal, not so much the exterior as the altar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have visited that cathedral in Montreal also.

      Delete
  2. I am not Christian, but I have visited many churches, especially in the area where I live. You find Tiffany windows, icons, and much, much more. It can be quite amazing. New York State features a Sacred Sunday once a year, where churches can choose to open their doors and show their beauty to those who otherwise might never go inside. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It never ceases to amaze me how much money is spent on churches and temples. We have a large Jewish population here with many temples all trying to outdo each other in the decoration. Just like the Christian churches. Seems to me their must be a better use of that money and still be able to glorify one's God.

      Delete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.