Saturday, October 13, 2018

Arches National Park

After I visited Zion National Park several years ago, I added Arches National Park to my bucket list.  It is incredible.  'Water and ice, extreme temperatures, and underground salt movement are responsible for the ...scenery... '  The salt bed was deposited 300 million years ago and erosion over the last 100 million years has resulted in what you will see below. 

I asked out guide if anyone had ever argued with her that the earth is only 40,000 years old, or whatever.  She said no.  Thank goodness.  But another traveler told me that when they were strapped into the helicopter to fly over the Grand Canyon, their pilot told them that the canyon was formed during the time of Noah and the Great Flood.  I certainly would have complained upon landing.  Anyway, while we were waiting to use the restroom at Arches, we heard a traveler (?) telling someone that the structures were formed 2000 years ago.  Jeesh! 

Here are just a few of the sculptured rocks that can be seen - more on another day. 
Balanced Rock
Delicate Arch
Hedda, Louella, and Rona.  No.  Sorry.  It's the Three Gossips
The Turret
North and South Windows

The view from the Windows.  I could look at this all day.

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely incredible. The windows look like eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great, Denise. I could look at them all day, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shots Denise - I wonder what happens when people realise the world has been around for a few billion years ... ah well. Lovely to see though - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but many don't believe in true science, they only rely on the Bible for information.

      Delete
  4. We absolutely loved this place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is definitely on my bucket list. The pictures I see are always gorgeous and yours are as well!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.