Friday, June 29, 2018

June 29, 1969 Dubrovnik, Yugoslavia

I am guessing that there was a really good reason why we were spending so much time here.  My diary makes no mention of it.  Maybe it was due to when we could fly out?

Anyway, the diary says we spent the day on the beach.  Hah!  That is using the term 'beach' very loosely.  They had rock beaches, not sand.  And not small rocks.  Very uncomfortable for lying down.

People watching is a whole 'nother story.  Wow.  I never knew that made skimpy bathing suits in such large sizes.  Quite a lot of flesh on display.

That's the beach.

I finally find a mention of Shar coloring my hair.  Apparently this is the first time it has been touched up.

And that it all the news for the day that I recorded.  Maybe I was suffering from writer's block, lol.

On one of these days we did go walking around the city, but not sure when we did it.  We did some shopping and I purchased this carved leather box.

Expenses today total $6.35.

6 comments:

  1. That's a pretty box! I too am a people watcher; I'm always commenting to hubby about certain people shouldn't be wearing certain styles of clothes :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always amazed at what some people wear. Guess they do not have mirrors.

      Delete
  2. I have a very similar cigarette box I bought in Yugoslavia. That was the beach we saw a snake on. I don't remember it wasn't sand though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pictures of the beach now show sand. I still remember rocks, not at all like our local beaches.

      Delete
    2. Funny I don't remember - we were there the same year. There are pebble beaches in the UK - especially off the Norfolk coast I remember.

      Delete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.