Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Decisions, Decisions...NO Time for Boredom

Even though I am not a participant in the Ultimate Blog Challenge, I had hoped to try to blog every day this month.  Right up until yesterday.  Which means that eight days in and I had failed.

I had good intentions.  I got up yesterday morning and proceeded to cut down an old barberry bush.  It added nothing to the landscape, so it is gone.  And then I finished giving the cotoneaster in front of the garage a really good haircut.  Three small plants from 40 years ago had now spread to cover an area that is about 300 square feet.  That doesn't bother me so much as the fact that they were just too high.  Now, at about 18 inches, the area looks twice as large.  Go figure.

Then, while I was getting ready for yoga class, I had this great idea for a blog.  But, I ultimately forgot what it was.  No clue.  Still can't remember.  Maybe I lost the idea while wandering through Costco as a trip there can be a serious mind-drain.

I then spent the rest of the afternoon trying to decide where I want to travel this year.  (Germany and Switzerland are at the top of the list and I may just do both.)  The day wore on, I sat down to watch Major Crimes and Longmire in the evening, and then I was just too tired.

I have yet to be able to figure out how someone can get up at 6:30 in the morning, not have any set plans (other than yoga class) and find that the day has just slipped away.  Who are these few folks who say retirement is boring?  Why do I not have time to be bored?

3 comments:

  1. I meant to go to Costco today and didn't get there. I hope you will always find retirement to be busy, it it weren't for blogging, I would be bored stiff, but then I have been retired since I was 50, a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find the day can slip by, too. I signed up for an exercise program today, and that will get me out and focused. I also find that when I sit down and blog it's easy for several hours to go by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have days like that too :)

    Lucy from Lucy's Reality

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.