Wednesday, May 1, 2013

My Life in the Garden

No garden projects this year.  I can hardly believe it.  Is it possible that after 40 summers of living here I am finally done with projects in the yard?  Maybe.

I do have a new task to take on though:  I have started a journal about the garden's progress.

I've already mowed the lawn (at least the part that is not under water) twice.  Everything looks to be leafing out except for the hostas.  The deer totally decimated my pinky-winky hydrangea and did a severe pruning of my oak-leaf hydrangea.   I've also sprayed all the plants with various potions to deter these rats on hooves.

I plan to take pictures as plants bloom and record the dates.  My first pictures are of the daffodils.  They are wonderful because no animal seems to have an interest in eating them!  Here they are:

 
 
These will be planted outside for blooms next year:
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.