Wednesday, May 8, 2013

A Wednesday Garden Walk

While I cut my lawn this morning and I am sitting here hoping for some rain, I decided to grab the camera and record what is happening in the yard.

First, the flowers I planted:

 
Bleeding Hearts
 
 
Forget-me-nots
 
Next, the invasive flowers I didn't plant and can't seem to eradicate:
 
 
Violets
 
 
Siberian Squill
 
My Korean spice viburnum, not just another pretty face, but smells good too.
 
 
Next, a robin nesting in the River birch tree.
 
 
And just plain birch bark:
 

5 comments:

  1. Denise, what a joy it must be to wake up every morning and be met by the beautiful sight of all those lovely flowers blooming. I bet the joy would spill over into the rest of your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my garden gives me much joy. I am truly in my zone out there.

      Delete
  2. Can't imagine why you would want to get rid of those violets. All the flowers are so lovely, living without a garden any more, makes me envious.

    JO ON FOOD, MY TRAVELS AND A SCENT OF CHOCOLATE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the violets are lovely and I have had them for many years. But not so pretty when they grow into everything else including my lawn.

      Delete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.