Monday, April 22, 2013

S is for Snippets of Spectacular Cities and Scenery

When I decided to do a travel blog this month, I started writing down the places I had visited and then decided I would pick one to talk about.  And then I got to the letter 'S'.

Oh my.  How to decide.  And so I decided the S is for 'spectacular' and decided to mention each of them and some great things to see.

San Francisco, California - I love this city and its most iconic image, the Golden Gate Bridge.  Walk the waterfront, tour Alcatraz, ride the cable car, eat great food.  What is not to like here?  Or go over to another 'S', Sausalito.  Just cross the Golden Gate Bridge.








San Antonio, Texas - No question about it, you must visit the Alamo.  Take a boat  ride on the river, eat more food, tour the old missions.  Or just walk along the Riverwalk from one end to the other.






Seattle, Washington - Mt. Rainier looms over this City.  It is just amazing to see that in the skyline.  Go to the top of the Space Needle for great views.  Spend time in the Public Market.  If you are interested in cooking, take a class at Diane's Market Kitchen.  Or just ride the ferries, enjoy the views and visit the other communities when you arrive at your destination.  Tour underground Seattle.  Or how about a drive to Snoquamish Falls













San Diego, California - Go to the zoo.  My all time favorite zoo and I have been to a lot of them all around the world.  You can go over to Catalina Island by boat.  Or stay in town and have Sunday Brunch at the Hotel Del Coronado.  The eggs Benedict are fabulous.



Spring Green, Wisconsin - For architecture buffs, Taliesin, home of Frank Lloyd Wright and his architecture school.  Have lunch at the cafĂ© and tour the school as well.



Scottsdale, Arizona -  Visit Taliesin West, the Wright winter home and school.  You can also drive north to Sedona, shop at all the artist markets or even go for a dune buggy ride.  And the scenery is great on the way.








Savannah, Georgia - So much history.  So much beauty.  My favorite square:   Forsyth Park.

You'll walk the waterfront, visit Mercer House (Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil), eat at the Olde Pink House, and have a great Southern time.


 
Seville, Spain or anyplace in Spain for that matter - I still remember walking through the Alcazar Palace and the Plaza de Espana. 
 
And for you scenery lovers, Skyline Drive, in Shenandoah National Park, Virginia -  This is a beautiful drive in the mountains, but my husband and I drove the almost the entire length in the fog,  all 105 miles, so I can't swear to it.
And there you have it.  Go call your travel agent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.