Monday, January 14, 2013

My Job at Downton Abbey

If you are a fan of Downton Abbey, you may already receive news updates either from British TV or American PBS stations.  I received an email today with a quiz to find out what job I would have at Downton Abbey if I was a character there. 

I guessed that I would be the person running the estate behind the scenes, like Mr. Carson.  Imagine my surprise when I found out that I would be my favorite Downton character, the Dowager Duchess Violet, as portrayed by Dame Maggie Smith. 

Now that I am retired, I can often use her great one-liner, "What is a weekend?"  All the days run together now.

Here is the quiz link.  Answer the questions and see who you would be.



The Dowager Duchess

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.