Sunday, December 30, 2012

Pinning Memories

I am almost finished with my first run-through of recipe folders.  I've pinned over 1,000 recipes.  I've thrown a lot of paper away. 

I have also found that I get very hungry doing this.  I've had wonderful memories of times I've made a certain dish or drank a certain drink.

Right now I am drinking a Toblerone.  This is very unusual for me as I rarely have any kind of mixed drink.  Bad enough that a glass of wine can put me to sleep.

But this particular drink is one that I had in Melbourne, Australia at the Sofitel Hotel.  It was very delicious.  Like a spiked milk-shake.  When I got home, my son found the recipe online. 

I have served it at parties in the past, sometimes substituting vanilla ice cream for the heavy cream.  If you are looking for a drink that the ladies will love, this will do the trick.

Toblerone

4 Tbsp heavy cream
2 Tbsp Frangelico
1 Tbsp Kahlua
1 Tbsp white Creme de Cacao
1 tsp Bailey's Irish Cream
1/2 tsp honey

Blend well with some ice, strain, and serve.



My toast to you for a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.