Thursday, August 30, 2012

Now 'Scrabble' Bites the Dust

I guess it should come as no surprise to me that my all-time highest viewed blog entry involves the words 'Words with Friends' (WWF).  We are an electronic society after all.  We search online for what we are interested in and blog posts show up and are read by anyone and everyone.

If our friends are not in the same room with us, no matter, we can still play a friendly game of 'whatever'.  If my mother-in-law was still alive, I would not have to drive to Chicago for a game of Scrabble.  We could just fire up the Kindle fires.

Alas, my WWF app stopped working months ago.  So, I paid my money and downloaded the 'Scrabble' app. 

I was perfectly happy until late yesterday afternoon when I tried to load a game and got blaring music, which had previously been turned off, the pop-up of a game that ended weeks ago, and absolutely no option to play against the computer.  WTF?

I reported the problem to Amazon and received the same advice I received when WWF shut down.  I tried to go to EA Arts website to seek an answer, but when I tried to register it kept telling me that my password was not in the correct format.  Of course, their website never said what the correct format was!!!

I gave up.  I posted my frustration on the Amazon site and have decided to move on.  I came in here and sat at my computer posting picture to my Pinterest site.  I will not sit idly by while technology messes up my life. 

What next?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.