Friday, July 27, 2012

An Olympic Moment

I have been watching the 2012 Olympic Opening Ceremony.  And watching and watching.  It has been many years since I actually sat down and watched a Parade of Nations.  When I was younger, I would not have missed a moment.

I have never been to an Olympic event.  The closest I ever got to one was to be in Melbourne, Australia when the flag went by in 2000.

But I did get to put on an Olympic Gold medal and I must say it was thrilling.  I worked with someone who's sister was an Olympic athlete, Sheila Taormina.  We did a fundraiser for her prior to the 2000 Olympics.  She brought along her 1996 Gold Medal and had me put it on for our photo.


Sheila and I

I am also wearing one of the t-shirts that were sold to raise money for the 2000 Olympics.  Pack-rat that I am I still have the t-shirt and will wear it tomorrow when I do my Olympic sport - cutting the grass. 

So, my best wishes to all the athletes as they compete over the next two weeks.  Win or lose, it has to be an incredible experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.