Monday, May 14, 2012

May Showers

I am talking bridal showers not rain showers, though we have had plenty of those.  Saturday was the bridal shower for my soon to be daughter-in-law.  I had volunteered to do the food and I think everyone enjoyed it. 

My son and his friends ate the leftovers and I was told they had to be stopped from gobbling up all the leftover double berry lemon mousse trifle that we had for dessert. 

When I was growing up, I loved everything chocolate.  I still like chocolate, but when I look for a dessert to make for guests, I often choose lemon.  I find I like it more and more and I think I can convince myself that lemon desserts are more healthy.  Hah!  Who doesn't love lemon?

Here are some photos of our food and the menu we had:


Roasted Chicken and Dried Cherry Salad
Spinach and Strawberry Salad w Poppy Seed Dressing
Crudités and Ranch Dip
Croissants
Double Berry Lemon Mousse Trifle



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.