Thursday, September 15, 2011

Baby, It's Cold Outside

Can you believe the temperature this morning?  44 degrees when I woke up at 6:00 am.  Certainly too cold to go outside and do any yard work, so I am off to a yoga class.

I've been adding to the daylilies I have and thought I would post a few pictures of the new varieties.  I cannot wait until next year and a visit to some local farms to buy more species.  Here are some of the ones I have added this year:

Frosted Vintage Ruffles

 Happy Returns

 Pardon Me

 Strawberry Candy

I've bought several more, but will have to wait until next year for blooms.  I did purchase 'Buttered Popcorn' and now I think I might have purchased it before.  When it blooms I'll compare it to others I have.  As I said before, they could easily be mislabeled.  While I was cleaning the garden last week, I realized I had pulled up a label and thrown it out.  Imagine that.

I have a feeling it is going to be a very long winter.  Especially while waiting for the July and August daylily season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.