Thursday, April 7, 2011

Taking My Own Advice

There are several blogs that I follow, but not on a daily basis.  I usually have to play 'catch-up'.  So, today I checked the Art and Architecture blog.  I started following this one after the writer, who lives in Melbourne, Australia, contacted me regarding a blog I wrote on train travel.

The post is about Jews in China and is most interesting.  If you wish to read the entry, here is your link:

http://melbourneblogger.blogspot.com/2011/04/jewish-shanghai-1850-1950-safe-haven.html

1 comment:

  1. Denise,
    thank you... it is good to have an audience in both hemispheres :)With this post I was not just aiming for people interested in Jewish history. Even more interesting is the history of nations accepting desperate refugees and treating them with dignity.

    China put the other nations to shame. TravelChinaGuide.com wrote "The number of Jewish refugees that Shanghai took in was equal to the total taken in by (the rich nations) Australia, New Zealand, Canada, India and South Africa." I wonder if that is true.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.