Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Boom, Shakalaka, Boom!

I am one of those people whose head hits the pillow and I am out for the count.  Last night I did that no less than five times.  What a display by Mother Nature!  Talk about lights and action.  The room lit up and the noise was deafening. 

I always get concerned when we have big thunder and lightning storms.  My house has been hit twice by lightning.  I tell folks that it is due to my magnetic personality.

The first time the house was hit we lost the motor in one of the ceiling fans and the garage door opener went 'kaput'.  We covered that loss ourselves.

The next time it was a little more pricey.  We had a large rear-projection TV with an attached VCR.  Both units were fried.  My insurance company decided to have them repaired rather than replaced.  Well, all I can say is that the TV never looked as good before the strike as it did afterwards.

Fortunately, a look around the yard this morning showed no tree damage.  And the grass is now a beautiful vibrant green thanks to the nitrogen release by the storm.  It also needs to be cut; major downside to grass. 

I love watching everything 'pop' in spring.  I just hope the 'popping' is only in the garden and not from any more lightning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.