Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring Cleaning - Part Two

My garage is done.  It is beautiful.  Well, it is clean and organized, so beautiful might be a stretch.  It makes you want to sit out there and admire it.  Too bad it is so cold.

The official temperature is 43 degrees.  If you have been near any shopping centers in the last four days, you would think it is 73 degrees.  Just look at the number of people out-and-about with no coat or just a light jacket.  They are shivering, but, hey, it's Spring.

When I worked at the hospital, one of my co-workers refused to wear a coat after the first day of Spring.  Didn't matter how cold or even if there was snow.  We would all shake our heads and roll our eyes, but she insisted that since it was Spring, you did not wear a coat. 

I totally ignore the calendar.  One year we had a fire in the fireplace during our Memorial Day party.  I remember as a child going up to Port Austin when school got out in June, only to have my parents decide to turn around and come back home because it was too cold.

On the other hand, there are times when Indian Summer in October requires the A/C in the house and times when I am still mowing the lawn at Thanksgiving.

Mother Nature does not have a day planner.  She more or less does what she wants, when she wants.  So, if she serves up 65 degrees one day and 35 the next, I'll just dress accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.