Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Impossible is Sometimes Possible

I cherish my mornings with my cup of coffee and my newspapers.  This morning it was cut short my my dentist appointment.  But I don't let a change in routine upset my day.

I lucked out at the dentist when he decided I wouldn't need an anesthetic to replace my inlay.  I immediately thought that I would actually be able to eat without drooling after I left the office.  After a quick stop at the grocery store, I headed for a neighborhood cafe for a spinach omelet, coffee, and my newspaper.

While sitting there reading the paper, I thought it might be a good day to see a movie.  It is about 15 degrees outside, higher than my ambition level for housework which was at minus ten.  I checked the listings and headed off to the theater.

I decided to see 'The Impossible'.  It had gotten good reviews from the critic at the Detroit News and while I don't always agree with him (I loved 'The Hobbit', he did not), I set off.

Wow.  What a movie.  I actually had to sit through some scenes with my eyes half- open.  I actually had visions of my own compound leg fracture, with the broken bone jutting through the skin, while watching Naomi Watts trying to walk with her injuries.  To think this was a true story made it all the more impressive.  I spent a lot of time with tears running down my cheeks.  It truly was an amazing and seemingly 'impossible' tale.

Amidst all the devastation in Thailand, there were people who somehow survived and were reunited with their families.  If you are looking for someplace to go when it is too cold to be outside, try the movies.  This one is a sure winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.