Thursday, July 2, 2020

Portobello Mushrooms Recipe

First it was my cousin talking about portobello mushrooms.  Then it was my blog friend Jo.  So now I am thinking I need to go to the store and look for some mushrooms.  So, here is my favorite way to cook them.  And sorry, no picture.

Portobello Mushrooms stuffed with Corn, Spinach and Sausage

Ingredients:

Stuffing:
1/2 pound Italian bulk sausage, mild or sweet
Olive oil as needed
1 cup diced onions
2 cups sweet corn kernels
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1/4 cup Madeira wine
1 bag of spinach (5-8 oz)
1 1/2 cups fresh mozzarella cheese cut in cubes
1 cup toasted bread crumbs
salt and pepper

Topping:
1 cup fresh bread crumbs, toasted
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp chopped parsley
salt to taste
sliced tomatoes
4-5 large Portobello mushrooms, cleaned and gills removed

Method:
1. Combine all ingredients for the topping except the tomatoes

For the stuffing:
1. Sauté the sausage in the olive oil over high heat until nearly cooked. Lower the heat to medium high.
2. Add the onions and garlic, soften then add the corn and sauté for another five minutes.
3. Deglaze with the wine. Add the spinach and wilt.
4. Remove from the heat and fold in the cheese and bread crumbs. Season as needed.
5. Oil the tops of the mushrooms then turn over and place the stuffing in the cleaned mushrooms.
6. Top with sliced tomatoes and topping.
7. Place in 375 f. oven for about 15 minutes until mushrooms are tender.
8. Cut mushrooms into wedges and serve.

5 comments:

  1. That sounds delicious! I'm going to have to print the recipe out and give it to hubby. He's our cook and he is always looking for new things to make. We both do like portobello mushrooms.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy! Quick conversion from pounds, ounces, cups and fahrenheit to grams, millilitres and centigrade and I've got myself a new recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a book all about chocolate recipes. Perfect for you, but I have to convert everything from grams. Lucky for me, my scale has both US and metric measurements. Pain in the you know what.

      Delete
  3. Sounds good Denise, but I like them so much just plan and sautéed in butter that I am too lazy to do all that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are well worth the time. Even my nephew who doesn't like veggies enjoyed them.

      Delete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.