Tuesday, June 9, 2020

A Few Flowers

Last year I took no photos of the garden.  Today I am making up for that.  Just a few colors of the rainbow.

The Peonies:

All of the peonies below are growing on the same shrub.  The flowers fade each day.




The irises, white 'Cup Race' and one I have never seen before that is a creamy yellow white, probably from my purchases back in the 1970's.  Just took a long time to bloom.



Golden Yellow 'Silence' Iris

Hosta Krossa Regal - a blue leaf

 Geum

 Wisteria Amethyst Falls 
Columbine that has self-seeded in the back garden

 Too bad you cannot enjoy the heavenly scent of this Mock Orange. 

Below is a picture I took one early morning.  I looked out of my office window and thought my blue spruce tree was dying.  Nope.  Just the sun coming up and making it look all golden. 

17 comments:

  1. So nice to see your garden again. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Just too lazy last year to photo anything.

      Delete
  2. Pretty, I always loved peonies in particular. Well I love all flowers really. Love that burning tree picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That tree freaked me out when I first saw it. That's why I grabbed the camera. It only lasted a couple of minutes.

      Delete
  3. I love your garden and this year the blooms are exploding. We have that same hosta and I love the colour of those leaves. I wish I could smell the mock orange

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all hostas. Unfortunately, so do the deer.

      Delete
  4. How beautiful, I really miss having a garden. Still, my balcony's quite pretty at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if you miss working in the garden we can add it to your sous chef duties, lol.

      Delete
  5. Hi Denise - all just beautiful ... particularly the peonies ... just miss having a garden - but thankfully I can see others gardens as I wander around ... take care - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am nearly ready for a condo. The garden is a lot of work and it gets harder every year.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful flowers! I just love peonies! I wish the blooms lasted longer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last night's rain made a mess of them. I ws just thinking today how fleeting all the blooms are on the bushes and plants.

      Delete
  7. You must have a huge yard. Absolutely beautiful garden! I couldn't get all of that in mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just one-third of an acre, but I have a lot of plants on it. Which means a lot of work.

      Delete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.