Wednesday, July 25, 2018

How's This for Dorky?

You know that I have been busy with finding my ancestors.  Now that I have about 320 in the tree, I have started putting names and faces together.  Now, there is no way I am scanning 70+ years worth of photos.  Just a select few for the tree.

But in looking through the old photos, sometimes you just have to sit back and laugh.  Here is a picture of my sister and I on Easter Sunday 1956 with my Dad in the background.  I do not remember that dress, but I remember the hat.  Dad is keeping a straight face, which is more than I can say for my face when I found this picture.  Go ahead, laugh.  It is good for your health.


18 comments:

  1. Such a cute picture. I love those hats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind, Paula. I used to call that my Chinaman hat, but I am guessing that is not PC anymore.

      Delete
  2. It was probably as smart as possible at the time. It is funny how old photos do look dorky to us today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But, it was the height of fashion back then! ☺ Hats were big in the '50s and I think you both looked cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find it funny how your dad is crouching through the window instead of between the both of you. You almost seem to be matching which was the in thing and I like your Chinaman hat. It just seems perfect for the mid 1950`s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure why Dad was in the house. But my mother always had one of us in the doghouse.

      Delete
  5. I agree with what Debbie said, it was the height of the fashion back then and I bet you really thought you looked "snazzy" in it :) So cute to go back and look at old pictures like this.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny. Very brave of you to share :) I have a few dorky ones like this but I don't think I have any with me wearing a hat. Mom, yes. Me, no.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always had hats. I have a closet full thst I am hoping to sell at my garage sale. No dorky ones, I hope.

      Delete
    2. Somehow I can only "reply" not "comment" but I think the picture is just plain wonderful.

      Delete
    3. Right. I told my sister to check out my blog and and haven't heard from her.

      Delete
  7. I wasn't as old as you were in 1956 but I remember those kinds of coat - and yes, this is one vintage photo. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's an adorable hat and picture! Don't we all have one of those poses outside on Easter Sunday!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.