Saturday, December 21, 2013

Slow Down and Live

What is it with the crazy drivers around this time of year?  I told a friend that it seemed like 'suicide by car' week.

First, while sitting at a red light, I watched a car come up on the left and just run through the red light.   Then, while turning onto a three lane road, I was in the middle lane and watched the car to my right dash right in front of me to make a left into a shopping center. 

Since my car has been rear-ended three times while it was already stopped at a red light, I am very careful when approaching yellow lights.  Friday, I looked in my rear-view mirror and saw a car right on my tail.  I went through the yellow just as it turned red and watched the car follow me through.  Had I stopped, she would have parked her SUV in my trunk.

Do these folks have a death wish?

So, I guess I should not have been surprised when I saw in article in the newspaper yesterday about a pile-up in Germantown, WI.  You can see for yourself that most of the drivers seem to think they are at NASCAR.  Unfortunately, one driver did not survive, but it is a miracle that it was just one.

Here is the link:  Be sure to watch till the end.  At least the Wal-Mart truck driver had some sense to stop.

http://www.wisn.com/news/south-east-wisconsin/waukesha/germantown-hwy-4145-pileup-captured-on-camera/-/10150328/23398136/-/d6wy9ez/-/index.html

1 comment:

  1. People are just in a hurry and don't think of anything but what they have still to do. Sad.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.