Sunday, March 24, 2013

Rummaging Around

The A-Z Challenge has certainly been keeping me busy.  Every time I sit down to prepare one of my posts, (I have finished A-I) I find myself scanning photos and looking up references.  It takes a lot of time.

And it is finding the photos that has me running around.  While writing up the letter 'I' yesterday, I found that some of my dates for information in the post did not make sense.  So I set out to find a folder that I had on my family history.

I must have spent an hour going through three different file cabinets and umteen boxes of info with no luck.  I did however find the picture of me and Bob Newhart that I was looking for months ago.


I had just about given up on finding the genealogy folder when I looked in another closet and found it mixed up with some magazines.  I don't know how it got there, but thank goodness I found it.  But once I started reviewing it, I got even more confused trying to get the info I had to agree with what a cousin had posted online.  So I called another cousin to get her take on things.

After an hour on the phone we agreed that we need to get together and compare all of our data.  It looks like I may have found another branch of my mother's family that we had not been aware of in the past.

Thanks to the Ellis Island Foundation, ancestry.com, and genealogy.com, there is a wealth of information out there.  I did not get my letter 'J' written today, but I did find the names of my great-great grandparents. 

Just one week to go till I start posting my travel blogs.  I better get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.