Friday, February 1, 2013

Catching Up

I wish I could say I was off on an exciting adventure this past week and that would explain my absence from my blog.  Alas, that is not the case.  I have been holed up here at home, enjoying warm days, freezing days, fog, rain, ice and snow.

First an update on the mailbox.  The snow plow company owner said they have no broken lights on their trucks.  I believe him.  If this was an episode of CSI, we could make a cast of the tire track and determine the likely vehicle.


We could also narrow it down by the height of the rear tail light where it impacted the mailbox.

 

Then we have a sample of the plastic used in the tail light, which ended up in the paper shoot.

 
On CSI, we would have determined the car and driver in less than one hour.  For me, I've been checking the neighbors' cars as they drive down the street.  And for now, the mailbox is being held together by duct tape. 
 
 
Somewhere out there, someone is driving a damaged SUV or truck.  They had to have backed into this with some force to do the damage.  I'm kinda hoping they got ticketed for driving with a broken light. 
 
I am hesitant to replace this while we still have bad weather.  This is the third time in three years that it has been hit.  Maybe I should just get a box at the post office.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.