Sunday, November 18, 2012

What is it with the 'Twinkies?'


I do not get it and I never have. What is it about Twinkies that people love?

Growing up I had a fondness for Hostess chocolate cupcakes with the little white swirl on top and the creamy center. Alas, their website does not even have a picture of one.
 


But I think I only have tasted maybe one Twinkie. I just did not enjoy that yellow sponge cake.  Well, maybe if the cake was chocolate and not spongy....

Yet, over the years I have heard countless stories about how good they are and how they have some incredible shelf-life unlike no other food.  They truly have a following.

When I got on the Internet last night and again today, what I saw were countless stories about the disappearance of Twinkies.  The closing of Hostess was like the sub-story.  An afterthought.  It was all about the demise of the Twinkie.  Bidding wars and shelves being cleared. 

I haven't had a Hostess product in a very long time.  I don't think I bought anything other than Ding Dongs for my kids when they were growing up.  That was a long time ago.

And so, I don't get it.  But, if Sanders suddenly decides to stop making sea salt dark chocolate caramels, that is something I will be stocking up on.  We all have our vices.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.