Thursday, November 8, 2012

Deer Temptations

This afternoon I was on the phone with a neighbor when he interrupted the conversation to point out a deer in the park.  He was a big one.  Really big.  If not for the rack I would have thought it was a pregnant doe.  He was a huge male with only about four points on his rack.  By the time I got my camera he had run off across the river and into the street on the other side

It made me wonder where these bucks spend the rest of the year.  The only time I have ever seen them in the park is during deer hunting season.  Does and fawns wander around here all year long.

I do know that bucks travel by themselves, but why is it I only see them in October and November?

I am not sure if it was the neighbor's dog charging toward the fence or the smell of dried blood in my yard that spooked him.  Whatever, I was happy to see him leave.

I've been reading up on natural repellents and have seen that they do not like the smell of rosemary. Think I will plant a hedge of it all around the yard next spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.