Monday, October 8, 2012

Disclosure

OK.  My friend Patsy must not have read yesterday's blog.  She is the only person ever to come to my office and recognize the gentleman in the picture.

His name if Robert Gates and he is the former Secretary of Defense (2006-2011).  When the picture was taken (1995?) he had already left the CIA.  I had been invited to a private dinner party of 20 where he was the guest of honor.  It was a real treat.

The person who invited me was trying to convince me to leave public life and work for a small investment firm.  No regrets about not making the shift.

I found lots of photos yesterday, but Bob Newhart is still missing.  Dang.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.