Saturday, April 28, 2012

Mixed up Mother Nature

It is quite cool outside, only about 45 degrees.  Forecasters say we may have a frost tonight.  I cannot run around and cover plants that need protection.  All of my peonies have buds, but they have gotten so tall I have no idea how to cover them without constructing a tent.

I have been waiting all morning for some much needed rain on some transplanted flowers, but the clouds just keep on moving past.  We are supposed to have quite warm temps in the coming week, with highs nearing 80 degrees. 

I just wish Mother Nature would make up her mind.  One day I am in shirt sleeves and next I have my winter coat on with the hood up.  From one extreme to the other.  I know that my plants must be just as confused as I am.  At this rate, a snowfall next month would not surprise me at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.