Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Slacking Off

I admit it.  I have been 'slacking off'.  I have not posted anything in two weeks.  It is not like I have not had ideas, it is just that I did not have anything I felt I needed to say. 

Last week my 'Words with Friends' app crashed.  Amazon has not been a help and this morning I received a suggestion from the creator, Zynga, that will not work if I cannot open the app.  So, I am playing the Scrabble app against the computer.

I have been enjoying the beautiful weather, though I have not been enjoying the high pollen count.  For the first time in a very long time my allergies have flared up.  I, along with two of my friends, am wiped out.  My eyes itch, I cough, my nose drips and all I want to do is sleep. 

I did wander around the neighborhood to look at all the blooming trees and shrubs.  Hard to believe that we are still in March.  The forsythia behind a vacant house nearby were exquisite.


I don't know why people always want to trim these into a ball shape (DUH!), but since the owner moved out last year, these get to be seen in their natural state of beauty.  I enjoyed blooming magnolias and cherry trees, along with lots of daffodils.  And then I took another nap.

The weather folks said we broke a record for high temperature that was set 94 years ago.  Do you think they were worrying about global warming when it happened?  It was only 27 degrees when I got up this morning.  We go from one extreme to the other.

I have been going to yoga three times a week, but once I get busy in the yard, I am not sure I can keep up that schedule.  I need to replace my side-yard privacy screen and fix some fence posts.  The 'joys' of home ownership. 

1 comment:

  1. I've got blog slacking off times, too, but I miss my buddies and get back to writing. We had summer over the weekend and it was winter again today. Packed my gloves away prematurely and it was nippy today. I admire your getting to yoga so regularly.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.