Friday, March 2, 2012

The Intro

OK. I am online trying to get some information for a blog post and I see this message on the State's Website:


Hi, I'm Governor Rick Snyder.

Thank you for taking an interest in how our government operates.

I hope you will use the information you find on this website to hold elected officials including me accountable for delivering results. Making government more open and transparent is a key part of reinventing Michigan.

I've made a commitment to measure whether we're making progress towards our goals. And I've asked the local governments to do the same by setting up easy to understand dashboards, so that information is easily accessible.

Too often government shy's away from measurements. But the way I look at it, how can you know whether the State is improving if you don't measure success? Measurements are not something to fear.

I encourage everyone to look at these results as an opportunity to improve. Use these results to offer your own suggestions about how we can work better together to reinvent Michigan.

You have got to be kidding me.  Does no one proof read anymore?   And folk's complain about our public education failings.  Yikes, Mr. Governor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.