Monday, August 29, 2011

The End Nears - Summer's End, That Is

I ate my first meal outside on Saturday afternoon.   I also cooked my first meal on the grill - a delicious smoky barbecued chicken. 

I have twenty chairs and lounges in my yard and can count on my fingers the number of times anyone has sat outside. We've yet to have a meal on the new deck furniture. It has been too cold, too rainy, too hot, too much cotton from the nasty trees in a neighbor's yard, and too many mosquitoes. I've joked that they are big as hummingbirds and now I read the paper and find out that some of them are.

Thanks goodness for the beautiful breeze on Saturday that kept blowing and keeping bugs away.   And Sunday was another winner, as well.  I love the cool nights we are having, though it seems early to be experiencing this type of weather. 

Looking at the forecast I see that storms are predicted for the holiday weekend. It figures.   I still plan to barbecue ribs.  I just may have to eat them in the house.  Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.