Saturday, January 1, 2011

An Anniversary

One year.  That is how long I have been writing this blog.  I started it after a suggestion from a close friend.  I intended to keep track of what I did during the year, but got side-tracked into discussing a variety of issues.

Last year on New Year's Day I cooked French onion soup.  Today I will bake ciabatta bread (I started my biga yesterday) and try a new chicken recipe.  My New Year's resolution is to try at least one new recipe each week and try to clean out all my recipes files.  I have lots of recipes in a filing cabinet.

I expect that this will be another wonderful year in retirement.  I am really looking forward to going up to Racine, WI to see the SC Johnson Building.
This image from the delmars.com website shows the incredible working area of the building.  Check out that ceiling construction.

I will also visit Wingspread, a FLW designed home in Racine.  Hopefully, I will get wonderful pictures to show and talk about when I return.

This year I will also try yoga.  I have a few medical conditions that have limited my range of motion and, hopefully, yoga can help with that.  Lord knows I have tried everything else from a medical standpoint. 

I will continue as the Chair for the Fiscal Stress Committee, although our representative from the Senate Fiscal Agency has returned to work at Michigan State University.  I have listed his blog 'Eye on Lansing' on my blog list so you can follow it also if you desire.

It's a new day.  A new year.  And we have no where to go but up.  Happy New Year to all of you who read this and thanks for your comments.

And now, off to bake bread.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.