Tuesday, April 13, 2010

From one Diana to Another

As you may have noticed, I am now reading a biography of Diana Ross.  While I am not a fan, the bio is interesting.  Diana and I both worked at the old J. L. Hudson Company downtown in the mid-60's.  I worked in the Bridal Salon at the time and she was in the cafeteria.  I never had the pleasure of seeing her on the floor.  I would hear stories about her coming up to the 7th floor (where bridal was) and looking at the gowns in the Oval Room and saying that someday she would be wearing these clothes.    It wasn't long before the Supremes had their first big hit record.

As for the other Diana, Gabaldon that is, I am still on the same page of her book.  And now the Library has let me know that they have another one of my requested books available.  I had to return the 'Last Train from Hiroshima' before I finished it, so it has to go back on my request list.

Spring and summer have too much going on for pleasure reading.  At the rate I am going, it will take me three years to finish the Gabaldon book.  The good news is that if it takes me that long and she releases her next book soon after, I will at least remember what happened in this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.