Saturday, January 23, 2010

Some days you are just losing it

Today.  I think my brain went on vacation a few days early. 

First, I called Visa to question the reward points calculation on my statement.  It was pretty obvious after the young woman explained it, and kinda funny when I got it, but boy, for a minute there I felt like a complete dunce.

Then, knowing I had to go to the grocery store, I started making a list of what I needed.  At the top of the list was dropping a book at the library that I had finished.  Finally ready, I got in the car, drove out to the main road, and went left instead of right.  OK.  I can drop the book off on my way home.  NBD.

Get to the grocery store and look for the list.  Can't find it.  Figure I must have left it at home, though I was sure I put it in my purse.  So, up and down every aisle looking at items and trying to make sure I don't forget anything essential.  Check out.  Reach into my coat for my keys and 'guess what'?  List.  I never put lists in my coat so I never though to look there.  Luckily, I had remembered everything, so to speak.

These senior moments happen more and more, but I think the bigger problem is the constant multi-tasking all of us try to do.  I am sure you have all started out doing one thing in one room and, thirty minutes later, you have not accomplished it, but have started ten other things. 

Hopefully, when I finish this post, I will remember what brought me into the computer room in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.