Monday, January 4, 2010

It's Monday and I do not have to go to work

This is the Monday after a long holiday weekend.  Most people I know headed back to work. I headed into my kitchen to bake bread.  I used a new technique of refrigerating the dough overnight and baking in the morning.  The whole wheat ciabatta needs something.  I have to go and see why some recipes in Reinhart's book call for honey or agave nectar.  I think it would have improved the taste of this bread, though it was not so bad with peanut butter on it. 

While waiting for the bread to cool, I made some Potato, Leek, and Corn Soup.  Turned out very good and I would be happy to share the recipe.  I know, potato, corn, milk, bread.  What can I say?  I like carbs.

P.S.  OK. I live in Michigan and I am used to lousy weather. So, I will not discuss it again unless I get snowed in, not this one-inch a day stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.